free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - King Crimson 2014

King Crimson 2014

Post all your reviews here - whether they are album reviews, gig reviews or DVD reviews.

Re: King Crimson 2014

Postby Krimzep on Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:24 pm

And Racked with Emerald Fire!!

yeah the lyrics are a bit dated but it has a weird intensity that I cannot describe. The sax is an awesome part of the song.

IMHO The problem with the new arrangements for RED, Level 5 and TCOL is that it feels like I am listening to 2 different songs at once. The slow chopped up drums in RED are just wrong, they skew the whole pace of the main riff and even though I wasn't a fan of TCOL overall, I do think it works much better as an instrumental but the flute is extremely out of place.

The Hoodoo "thing" is about as interesting as watching paint dry for 2 minutes. What is it? Its an out of place flute solo with a few weird growling passages from Tony who has used that effect on his bass many times in the past. To me this time it fails. Hell's Bells is just a rehash of one of Pat's old twinkling bell interludes and Hell Hounds seems like a rehash of Conundrum to me with a few cymbals thrown in.

I would have liked to see something completely new where the drums were concerned but maybe I am expecting too much. When I say new I mean a new drum piece that incorporates the three drummers and doesn't sound like anything I have already heard from Pat and Bill.
Last edited by Krimzep on Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Krimzep
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby Ironclaw on Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:54 pm

Interesting replies.

Geno: About the lyrics for "The Letters", well, I never really saw (heard) it that way...actually I don't think the song's melody and vocal part really overemphasise the internal rhyme and stuff like that at all.

Krimzep: your observations positive and negative are appreciated.

If KC does make it to Japan next year it'll be good for me not to expect too much. But that will be difficult since it'll be my first and perhaps only KC performance after years and years of waiting.
Ironclaw
ProjeKction Groupie

Postby Krimzep on Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:01 am

They are better this year but I'm not sure if they will actually progress any further. The shows I've heard, while well played, are pretty much the same night for night.
Krimzep
ProjeKction Godlike

Previous

Return to Reviews